Software Engineer Electrical Power Systems
As part of a high-level team, develop power grid computation modules thanks to your skills in software engineering and power systems.
why join artelys?
We are a young and open-minded team eager to apply advanced mathematics to the power systems. Joining Artelys means joining a highly motivated team, a stimulating working environment and taking part in a variety of high impact and exciting projects, like:
- The CorNet program aims to develop power grid operational management services at the European level. In particular, the coordinated security analysis ensures next day safe grid operations by simulating possible contingencies. Artelys is developing some of the platform’s grid simulation modules (Load Flow, Security Analysis, Remedial Action Optimizer) using the PowSyBl framework (Open Load Flow and Open RAO).
- Artelys is carrying out the METIS project on behalf of the European Commission. This project aims to support the Commission in assessing the impact of energy policies on the cost of energy production, the development of renewable energies, and the security of supply for gas, heat, and electricity. Future developments include a better representation of power grid (Flow-Based Capacity Calculation, nodal markets) in Artelys Crystal Super Grid.
- Artelys is participating to several European collaborative research projects (TwinEU, Emerge…). They aim at developing advanced operation and planification tools for the power grid. I particular, Artelys is developing tools and methods using PowSyBl Metrix Optimal Power Flow to show the potential of advanced grid management techniques (curative curtailment, topology optimization…).
Define and develop power grid computation modules based on applied mathematics techniques (Load Flow, Security Analysis, Optimal Power Flow) in collaboration with product managers. Provide technical leadership to a team of 2-4 persons. Provide input to project managers on schedules and cost estimates. Maintain operational tools and provide third level customer support.
Our computation modules are developed in Java, Python, and C++.
what we are looking for
You have at least 3 years of experience (professional or Ph.D.). You hold a degree from an engineering school, a master, or a Ph.D. in electrical engineering or in computer science (in this latter case, basic knowledge in physics is needed). You are proficient in Java. You have already technically managed one or more developers. You have a minimum B2 level in English.
You are the ideal candidate if:
You have knowledge of Python and/or C++ You have knowledge in IT architecture (Kubernetes, Docker…) and DevOps (gitlab, CI/CD) You have experience in developing systems performing power grid computations (load flow, etc.). You are rigorous, have a strong team spirit, and are customer focused. You have a minimum B2 in French.
- Permanent position available at our offices in Paris, Lyon, or Madrid.
- Possibility to work remotely up to 2 days per week
This is your dream job? Apply now!