why join artelys?
Joining Artelys is first and foremost joining a dynamic and motivated team, a stimulating work environment and taking part in varied and fascinating projects. Artelys develops its own software suite based on Artelys Crystal platform, integrating statistical forecasting or optimization models. The company is strongly involved in R&D, exploring and experimenting innovative techniques and tools in AI and optimization to provide its customers state-of-the-art solutions in the energy transition, planification and transportation. In addition, the business of Artelys is varied and involves operating software solutions, prototyping and quantitative studies.
Design and develop innovative solutions and participate in the development of the Artelys Crystal software platform.
Working at Artelys offers the opportunity to study cutting-edge technical problems within a talented and motivated team, with opportunities of quick upskilling and responsibilities.
You are motivated to create a generic software platform and implement it for our clients to meet their challenges, linked to the energy transition, planning and transport.
You are looking for diversity in your activity and the possibility to work on technological projects as well as projects close to our customers and to identify and implement the best techniques and technologies to meet their needs.
We are currently looking for a senior back-end developer to assist us in the challenging development of our Artelys Crystal platform!
As part of a high-level R&D team, you will mobilise your back-end development expertise to:
- Participate in the development of the backend and being a technical support for less experienced members of the team
- Participate in the development of new major functionalities to expand the platform’s offer to new players
- Work in close relationship with Product Managers and commercial teams to define priorities, determine their value and plan their realization in an optimal way
- Identify areas for improvement of the platform
- Ensure that schedules are respected and that the backend team’s productivity and skills are enhanced
- Implementing tools and best practices to enhance the work of your team by promoting goodwill, cooperation and dynamism
- Participate actively in workshops to help define and prioritize the different stages of the roadmap
What we are looking for
You have at least 3 years of experience in a similar position and wish to apply your expertise in object-oriented programming to the development of high-impact software.
You are the ideal candidate if you:
- Are proficient in backend programming (Java, Spring, REST API, message queues, SQL)
- Master object-oriented programming and principles on design and software architectures
- Master Git
- Have good knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Are able to propose technical solutions, to innovate and produce stable and high quality developments
Other skills appreciated:
- Experience with the ReactJS framework
- Knowledge of scripting tools and languages (Python, Shell, Maven, CMake)
- Knowledge of DevOps (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Jenkins, GitlabCI, OpenStack) and/or software engineering (release management, automated testing, integration testing and continuous integration)
- A good fluency in french and english
- Understand and analyze the user’s needs and those of the internal teams
- Synthesize issues and questions in a simple way to be able to exchange with the rest of the team
- Technical management of a project (task management, prioritisation, team management)
- Mastery of teamwork tools and best practices (process, Code review, etc.), mutual aid and dynamism
mindset we are looking for
You are looking for diversity in your activity and the possibility to work on technological and functional projects You consider that the development of a robust and scalable server application and the design of an ergonomic and intuitive interface are two sides of the same coin You are autonomous, rigorous and have a strong team spirit You are proactive and curious
This position is based in Paris, Nantes, Lyon, Montreal or Madrid.
This is your dream job? Apply now!