An interactive and user-friendly hybrid MIP/CP framework for large combinatorial problems.
Artelys Kalis is an innovative constraints programming component able to solve quickly and efficiently a wide range of combinatorial problems such as scheduling, timetabling, resource allocation, equipment or network configuration, etc.
Artelys Kalis is also available in FICO™ Xpress Optimization (Xpress-Kalis).
Furthermore, if you are an academic at a degree-awarding institution, you can join our Academic Partnership to receive a special discounted package. This package includes:
• Ten fixed annual PC licenses. Each license includes the latest version of Artelys Kalis (C++ callable library), exhaustive documentation, and ready-to-use tutorial examples.
• Rights to print or copy all documentation for teaching and research purposes.
Please contact us for more information.
Key benefits & features
• Limitless linear and non-linear modeling
• Rich semantics
• Flexible modeling
• Extreme performance with highly combinatorial and constrained problems
• More problems taken into consideration
• Includes a comprehensive library of constraints and search heuristics.
• Provides specialized modeling objects, constraints and search heuristics for scheduling and resource allocation problems.
• Includes User-defined constraints, search heuristics and callbacks.
• Automatic generation of LP or MIP relaxations for faster optimization runs.
• New! Multi-threaded optimization for multi-core architectures.
• Defines a certain number of global relations (“global constraints”) over finite domain variables, including 'all-different', 'element', 'cycle', 'occurrence' (cardinality), 'equivalence' and 'implication'.
• Solves arithmetic constraints over floating point variables.
• Flexible definition of enumeration strategies: the user may choose among different branching schemes (determining the shape of the search tree), and define combinations of the built-in variable and value selection strategies with the user’s own heuristics.
• Defines high-level modeling objects to represent tasks and resources.
• Provides a fully extensible architecture to let users define their own search heuristics and constraints, even within the Xpress-Mosel language (see Xpress-Kalis).
Problem classes solved by Artelys Kalis
• General Mixed Integer Nonlinear Problems (MIP/MINLP)
• Process Planning and Scheduling
• Resource Allocation and Crew Rostering
• Vehicle Routing and Supply Chain Design
All Artelys Kalis examples listed below are available for download.
• Disaster evacuation plan for a big city
• Cane sugar production
• Job-shop scheduling
• Cinema personnel planning
• Emergency service planning
• Cargo-ship loading
• Airport scheduling of aircraft landing times
• Helicopter loading with centering constraints
• Frequency allocation for cellular network
• Frequency allocation for cellular network with polarity constraints
• Euler Knight
Please feel free to contact us to receive more information regarding our business applications.
Artelys Kalis Documentation
Download user guide
Download a trial version
Frequently asked questions
If you have question regarding Artelys Kalis, please contact us.
Artelys Kalis support
Artelys provides worldwide technical support and assistance for Artelys Kalis.More information
Artelys Kalis support
Artelys provides worldwide technical support and assistance for Artelys Kalis.
The annual maintenance and support contract offers the following services:
Telephone and e-mail assistance for Artelys Kalis. This assistance is provided by Artelys. Help with modeling is excluded, but Artelys provides you with useful information and advice to help you benefit from the numerical performances and all the functionalities of Artelys Kalis.
Free and automatic upgrades of your Artelys Kalis as we are committed to maintain Artelys Kalis at the leading edge of optimization technology. Support and maintenance holders automatically receive all significant enhancements.
Privileged access to new services and products.
For any technical problem or commercial information, please contact us at +33 (0)1 44 77 89 00 or use our contact page.