Artelys Knitro - Nonlinear optimization solver
Think one step ahead and let Artelys Knitro be your competitive advantage!
The optimization techniques used by Artelys Knitro offer the leading combination of computational efficiency and robustness. Artelys Knitro is the only nonlinear solver with four different algorithms, allowing it to solve a large range of complex nonlinear problems.
• Efficient and robust solution on large scale problems
• Two interior-point/barrier and two active-set/SQP algorithms
• Three algorithms for mixed-integer nonlinear optimization
• Heuristics, cutting planes, branching rules for MINLP
• Special routine to handle complementarity constraints
• Parallel multistart feature for global optimization
• Ability to run multiple algorithms concurrently
• Automatic and parallel tuning of option settings
• Automatic computation of approximate first-order and second-order derivatives
• Smart initialization strategies and fast infeasibility detection
New Artelys Knitro 11.0 features
• New algorithm for Second-Order Cone Programming (SOCP) including nonlinear constraints and objective
• Significant performance improvements for QP/QCQP/SOCP
• New C API with dedicated methods to define structured expressions (eg linear, quadratic, quadratic conic)
• CG preconditioning now available for all classes of problems
• New parallel linear solvers (HSL MA86 and MA97) allowing speedups on large scale problems
• Open source Knitro R interface
• Several enhancements of the MINLP and active-set algorithms
• General performance improvements in particular for convex problems
Problems classes solved by Artelys Knitro
• General nonlinear problems (NLP), including non-convex
• Systems of nonlinear equations
• Linear problems (LP)
• Quadratic problems (QP/QCQP), both convex and non-convex
• Second-order cone programs (SOCP) including nonlinear constraints and objective
• Least squares problems / regression, both linear and nonlinear
• Mathematical programs with complementarity constraints (MPCC/MPEC)
• Mixed-integer nonlinear problems (MIP/MINLP)
• Derivative-free optimization problems (DFO)
Artelys Knitro and MATLAB
Artelys Knitro presents an interface to the MATLAB® computing environment that supports all major features in Knitro, including the ability to model and solve mixed-integer programming (MIP) models and mathematical programs with equilibrium constraints (MPEC). This interface, called “knitromatlab”, supersedes the previous ktrlink interface provided by the MATLAB Optimization Toolbox. Knitromatlab uses an API very similar to the MATLAB fmincon nonlinear optimization tool, providing an easy mechanism for porting code between the two, while also making available the enhanced features in Artelys Knitro. Extensive example and documentation on using knitromatlab are provided with the Knitro distribution and described in the Artelys Knitro User's Manual.
Artelys Knitro and AMPL
AMPL is a popular modeling language for optimization that allows users to represent their optimization problems in a user-friendly, readable, intuitive format. Artelys Knitro provides a dedicated driver “knitroampl” to use it from AMPL. Knitroampl gives access to all the solver features. Extensive example and documentation on using knitroampl are provided with the Knitro distribution and described in the Artelys Knitro User's Manual.
Artelys Knitro and R
R is an open-source software environment for statistical computing, available under GNU General Public License. It is developed and maintained by the R Foundation. Artelys Knitro provides a dedicated library to use it from R. The Artelys Knitro R library gives access to all the solver features and includes a dedicated function for solving nonlinear least-squares. Extensive example and documentation on using Knitro from R are provided with the Knitro distribution and described in the Artelys Knitro User's Manual.
Artelys Knitro support
Artelys provides worldwide technical support and assistance for Artelys Knitro.More information
Artelys Knitro support
Artelys provides worldwide technical support and assistance for Artelys Knitro.
The Annual License Maintenance Service (ALMS) contract offers the following services:
Telephone and e-mail assistance for the use of Artelys Knitro. Help with modeling is excluded, but Artelys provides you with useful information and advices to help you benefit from the numerical performances and all the functionalities of Artelys Knitro.
Free upgrades of your Artelys Knitro software through major and minor releases. It is Artelys’ policy to continuously improve and enhance its products. ALMS holders benefit from all significant enhancements and bug fixes.
Privileged access to new services and products.
For any technical problem or commercial information, please contact us at +33 (0)1 44 77 89 00 or use our contact page.