Power Systems Consultant
As part of a high-level team, use your skills in power systems to design power grid computation tools and perform grid studies.
why join artelys?
We are a young and open-minded team eager to apply advanced mathematics to the power systems. Joining Artelys means joining a highly motivated team, a stimulating working environment and taking part in a variety of high impact and exciting projects like:
- The CorNet program aims to develop power grid operational management services at the European level. In particular, the coordinated security analysis ensures next day safe grid operations by simulating possible contingencies. Artelys is developing some of the platform’s grid simulation modules (Load Flow, Security Analysis, Remedial Action Optimizer) using the PowSyBl framework (Open Load Flow and Open RAO).
- Artelys is carrying out the METIS project on behalf of the European Commission. This project aims to support the Commission in assessing the impact of energy policies on the cost of energy production, the development of renewable energies, and the security of supply for gas, heat, and electricity. Future developments include a better representation of power grid (Flow-Based Capacity Calculation, nodal markets) in Artelys Crystal Super Grid.
- Artelys is participating to several European collaborative research projects (TwinEU, Emerge…). They aim at developing advanced operation and planification tools for the power grid. In particular, Artelys is developing tools and methods using PowSyBl Metrix Optimal Power Flow to show the potential of advanced grid management techniques (curative curtailment, topology optimization…).
Design power grid operation and planning tools, both for internal uses in studies and for our customers. Perform quantitative analyses using our software and based on the modelling of electrical and energy systems. Present and refine the results in interaction with our customers, helping them in their decision-making process. Take part to our long-term development: open
what we are looking for
You have at least 3 years of experience (professional or Ph.D.) You hold a degree from an engineering school, a master, or a Ph.D. in electrical engineering. You are familiar with Python. You have good writing skills, you are fluent in both spoken and written French, and a minimum level of C1 in English is expected.
You are the ideal candidate if:
You have one experience in power systems studies. Experience at or with a power system operator is a plus; You have an interest for mathematical and quantitative approaches, and are comfortable with fundamental mathematical techniques. For you, decision-making goes hand in hand with rigorous and intelligent analysis You are rigorous, have a strong team spirit and are focused on the customer’s needs.
- Permanent position available at our offices in Paris, Lyon, or Madrid.
- Possibility to work remotely up to 2 days per week
This is your dream job? Apply now!