Power System Expert
Within a high-level team, perform energy system studies and develop grid computation tools thanks to your power system skills.
why join artelys?
Join Artelys is above all joining a dynamic and motivated team, a stimulating work environment and participate in varied and exciting projects.
Artelys works with major public authorities (European Commission, energy ministries, cities, etc.) and private actors (major energy utilities, industry associations, etc.) on energy strategy challenges, all over Europe, America and Africa.
Artelys is in charge of METIS, a project for the European Commission. The objective of this project is to advise the Commission on the potential effects of different energy policies (market design, development of network structure, storage and smart grid technologies, development of flexible energy usages, measures encouraging cooperation between Member States, etc.) on energy prices, integration of renewable sources and security of electricity, gas and heat supply .
Artelys also participates in the development of NEXT, a major R&D project from ADEME, the French Environment and Energy Management Agency. The goal of this project is to design and develop an innovative reference software for simulation and planning of smart-grids, an essential contribution for energy and ecological transition. The software is based on a client-server architecture and combines massive volumes of data treatment, heterogenous data sources (SGDB, NoSQL, Web service), advanced data visualization components (geographic data, time series, KPIs, etc.) with advanced resolution methods mixing machine learning, optimization and high-performance computing. Partners: Gaz Electricité Grenoble, INRIA, L2EP
As part of a high-level team of consultants, you will combine your analytical skills, your power system skills, a deep interest in energy and sustainable development as well as your eagerness to address our clients’ needs and support their decision-making processes to:
- Design and drive the development of tools for the operational and strategic management of power systems
- Develop power grid computation cores (Load Flow, Optimal Power Flow)
- Perform quantitative analysis using our software or ad-hoc solutions
- Present and improve the results, by interacting with our clients, advise them with decision support
- Take part in our long-term development: explore our clients’ needs, discover commercial opportunities, maintain the competitive advantages of our tools, etc.
We are an open-minded and young team, with a leaning towards applied sciences, in particular mathematics. Our innovative solutions are an ever-growing success both, and open the doors for more exciting topics.
You are the one we are looking for if:
- You have a Ph.D. in power systems and/or a master’s degree in a related field
- You have experience in electrical power grids simulation (Load-Flow, AC OPF, etc.) and a good understanding of network management techniques, acquired either through a Ph.D. thesis or within a company. An experience within a distribution/transmission network operator would be an asset
- You have a strong interest in scientific and quantitative approaches; you are familiar with fundamental mathematical techniques and know at least one programming language (e.g., Python)
- You think a smart and thorough analysis is essential for decision-making
- You are motivated by innovation, have an entrepreneurial spirit and are concerned about the customer’s needs, especially during pre-sales phases
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is a plus
As a fast-growing company, Artelys is looking for proactive and creative employees, conscious about the added value of their work to the company and excited to contribute to our growth.
Permanent position in our Paris, Nantes, Lyon or Brussels office.
This is your dream job? Apply now!