V.I.E (International Corporate Volunteering)
Joining Artelys is first and foremost joining a dynamic and motivated team, a stimulating work environment and taking part in varied and fascinating projects.
Artelys develops the Artelys Crystal software suite whose ambition is to position itself as the world leader in energy system modeling and optimization solutions. Crystal Suite software enable Artelys’ clients to optimize large electrical systems (Crystal Super Grid), optimize energy production and sales strategies (Crystal Energy Planner), analyze the impact of local energy policies (Crystal City), plan maintenance operations (Crystal Resource Optimizer) and build complex predictive models (Crystal Forecast).
Artelys is looking for an energy consultant with a competence in applied mathematics to join the team of its subsidiary in Brussels (Belgium). The volunteer will be involved in all technical aspects throughout the project, from modeling the customer’s problem to the design of the corresponding software solution, and even its implementation and integration. He/she will be part of a small, dynamic team and will contribute to the technical and commercial development of the subsidiary, in line with his/her area of expertise.
Within a team of high-level consultants, you will combine your analytical skills, an interest in energy and sustainable development, and a commitment to support our clients’ decision-making.
Participation in the realization of technical missions:
- Perform quantitative analyses using our software or ad hoc solutions.
- Mathematical modeling of business issues in the energy field
- Participation in the configuration/use/improvement of our software platform dedicated to the optimization of energy systems
- Interaction with the customer from the design of the solution (study, software) to its delivery
Participation in the development of the activity:
- Identifying opportunities, market analysis
- Spoken and written presentation of Artelys’ offer and promotion of technical innovations and business expertise.
- Participate in the process of developing solutions adapted to the client’s needs and write the associated commercial offers.
- To be eligible for this offer, you must fulfill all the requirements listed here.
- Engineering degree and/or PhD, with a specialization in applied mathematics (optimization, operations research) or energy
- Knowledge in numerical optimization (linear / non-linear programming, knowledge of optimization solvers and modeling languages) valued
- Mastery of programming languages among Java, Python, C, C++, C#, R, Matlab
- Languages: written and oral mastery of French and English essential.
- Experience in the energy sector will be highly valued.
You are the ideal candidate if you have solid technical knowledge, enjoy delving into complex problems to derive decision-support guidelines, are committed to achieving excellence in customer relations, and are comfortable presenting a clear line of reasoning both orally and in writing, in both French and English.
The position to be filled is a V.I.E. (Volontariat International en Entreprise) to be carried out in our offices in Brussels for a period of 12 months renewable.
This is your dream job? Apply now!