Treating difficult combinatorial optimization problems with the help of constraint programming and local search techniques.
Engineers, economists, scientists and developers interested in modeling decision problems and implementing optimization algorithms.
Artelys consultants specialized in modeling and solving large size optimization models applied to the domains of energy, transport and logistics.
• Constraint Programming: principles and applications.
• Presentation of a constraint programming solver: Xpress-Kalis.
Practical applications of constraint programming
• A simple staff scheduling example.
• Solving a movie scenes allocation problem.
• Solving a frequency assignment problem.
• Enumeration configuration – Branching strategies – Definition of search strategies for an advanced user.
• Intuition (n-queens) – Neighborhood (car-sequencing, magic square) – Optimization (warehouse location) – 2-opt, k-opt.
• Optimality vs. Feasibility (graph coloring) – Complex neighborhood (sport scheduling) – Escaping from local minima, connectivity.
• Formalization, heuristics – Introduction to metaheuristics: Variable Neighborhood Search, Simulated annealing, Tabu search.
Scheduling problems and resource management
• Introduction to scheduling problems.
• Disjunctive scheduling – application to the construction of a sports stadium.
• Multi-machines disjunctive scheduling – Job Shop problem.
• Cumulative scheduling – non-renewable resources.
Training cost per person is 1 400 € excluding taxes.
Lunches, coffee breaks and documentation are supplied.
Artelys is a training institution, registered under n°11754066975.
81 rue Saint Lazare – 75009 Paris – France
+33 (0)1 44 77 89 00
Are you interested in this training ? Register now !