This release does not only provide performance and robustness improvements but major refinements in Artelys Knitro’s core algorithms:
- Up to 60% performance improvement on customer benchmark for very large-scale general nonlinear instances (more than 100 000 variables) solved with Knitro interior point algorithms.
- Average performance improvement of 50% on medium sized general nonlinear instances (between 1000 and 10 000 variables). This enhancement derives from the refinement of Knitro Sequential Quadratic Programming (SQP) algorithm which proves particularly useful for customers solving problems with expensive function evaluations (e.g. complex nonlinear expressions, external simulator, black-box model, etc.).
- Up to 75% performance improvement on very large-scale unconstrained models (more than 250 000 variables) such as machine learning applications. This significant enhancement derives from the refinement of Knitro quasi-Newton methods (namely the dense and limited-memory Quasi-Newton BFGS).
In addition, Artelys Knitro 12.2 brings:
- Default parallelism when using the multi-start, multi-algorithm, or tuner features.
- Average performance improvement of 14% on general MINLP instances.
- Support for ARM processors! Artelys Knitro can now be used on embedded systems. Contact us for more information.
- Significant speedup can be observed on some Optimal Power Flow (OPF) instances using a new presolve option.
- An updated C++ interface offering efficiency improvements, particularly when solving models with quadratic structures (e.g. QPs and QCQPs).
- Increased performance on problems with complementarity constraints (i.e. MPECs) when using quasi-Newton methods.
- Faster resolution of non-smooth unconstrained models (such as machine learning applications) relying on the new weak Wolfe linesearch.
— Planning for the energy transition requires the ability to optimize energy system development pathways, considering complex interactions and constraints, particularly concerning interactions between sectors and vectors. In this context, Artelys has developed a new method for solving these large-scale mathematical problems.
— The stakes of Artificial Intelligence (AI) have become a strategic issue for companies, regardless of their field of activity or size. As an expert, Artelys provides you with full assistance, from the design stage to the implementation of your first AI solution, by building with and for your team a roadmap tailored to your business.
— As part of Le Havre Seine Métropole’s energy master plan, Artelys has worked with metropolitan services to set up a web platform for monitoring territorial energy data.
— CasADi is an open-source tool for general numerical optimization with a strong focus on optimal control and its versions 3.6.2 and higher are now compatible with Artelys Knitro 13.2.
subscribe to our newsletters