This release does not only come with performance improvements, in particular for general nonlinear problems, but also with improvements of the interface:
- Improvement on NLP:
- New dynamic scaling of the limited-memory Quasi-Newton BFGS, more robust and efficient for all algorithms. This leads to an average performance improvement of 20% on general nonlinear instances when using this Hessian approximation.
- New Knitro API functions:
- Allow deleting or changing linear or constant structures of a problem and then re-solving.
- Allow to retrieve information about the feasibility of the variables and constraints after both the presolve and solving process, giving a detailed analysis of the complex infeasibilities in nonlinear problems.
- Allow users to provide their own customized linear algebra solver, which is useful when the problem has a very specific structure and can be solved with highly specialized routines. This feature was recently applied with success to an industrial problem and enabled a 2x overall speedup.
In addition, Artelys Knitro 12.4 brings:
- Improvement on MINLP:
- Improved heuristics strategies
- Early integer-feasible solution found on 15% more instances
- Newly supported platforms:
- Support for the new Apple M1 chip
— Within the INSULAE project, Artelys develops a tool for the strategic planning of the energy transition of European Union islands.
— Watch the video presenting the Artelys Crystal Energy Planner software, entirely dedicated to the operational scheduling of energy systems.
— Join Artelys and FICO on 18 May 2021 to learn more about ways to unleash the full potential of mathematical optimization.
— In association with IED Group and IDDRI, Artelys has started the development of an energy modeling solution for the Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF) of the Kingdom of Cambodia. Financed by the Agence Française de Développement (AFD), this project will enable MEF to benefit from a state-of-the-art tool to analyze different potential pathways describing the evolution of the energy sector of Cambodia, so as to support their strategic decision-making processes.
subscribe to our newsletters