• Present the challenges of decarbonization.
• Identify and characterize the main options for decarbonizing the electrical system and related systems (mobility, heat, hydrogen).
• Describe the structure of the European markets and their potential operational and strategic impacts.
• Introduce the fundamentals of the technical and economic analysis of these issues.
This course is intended for students, consultants and energy analysts who whish to acquire an overview of these key issues.
Artelys experts in the economics of electrical systems.
• Current structure of the European electricity systems.
• European energy and climate objectives and impacts on the electricity sector (demand, flexibility, production).
Identification and characterization of the main decarbonization options
• Direct and indirect electrification (via electrolytic hydrogen and derivatives), hybrid solutions.
• Flexibility solutions (demand, batteries, network, etc).
• Impacts in terms of investment needs and system resilience.
Description of the structure of the markets and its operational and strategic impacts
• Pay-as-bid versus Pay-as-clear markets.
• Electricity markets: from long-term to reserves via day-ahead and intraday.
• Capacity contracts.
• Guarantees of origin markets and the principle of additionality.
• Impacts of markets on the operational functioning of electrical systems and on investments price signals.
Fundamentals of technical and economic analysis
• Model classes.
• Methods to take into account contingencies (weather, breakdowns, fuel prices, etc.).
• Methodology of cost-benefit analysis, example on the case of an electrical interconnection: construction of an adapted park, marginal analysis.
• Measuring the impacts of an investment project in terms of operational costs, socio-economic surplus, CO2 emissions, integration of renewable energies and security of supply.
• Establishment and analysis of a transition trajectory, analysis of synergies and interdependencies between technological options.
Inter-company: €1,800 excluding taxes per person
In-house: €9,000 excluding taxes per session
This includes the materials, meals, coffee and handouts. Computers are provided.
Intéressé par cette formation ? Inscrivez-vous !