• Introduce the basics of operating an electrical system.
• Describe the organization chosen in Europe to operate, control and ensure the safety of the system.
• Describe the structure of the European markets and their potential operational and strategic impacts.
This course is intended for students, consultants and energy analysts who whish to gain an understanding of the operation of power transmission systems.
Artelys experts in power systems.
• Theory of transmission: power and energy, direct current, choice of frequency.
• Alternating current: single-phase alternating current, complex representation, power in single-phase alternating current, three-phase circuit.
•Standardization Per Unit.
Structure of a generation-transmission-consumption network
• Production, merit order principle.
• Use of electrical energy, characterization of consumption.
• Balance between production and consumption, notion of optimal adapted park.
• Need for an electrical network and structuring.
Control of the energy system
• The basics of system control.
• Active power and frequency control: primary, secondary and tertiary control.
• Voltage and reactive power regulation: automatic voltage regulator, on-load regulator, reactive power injection.
• Power transits.
Interaction with markets
• Energy Only market model and clearing algorithms.
• Structure of the electricity markets.
• Reserve markets, interaction with settings.
• Market coupling and regional operational security coordination.
Management of energy systems
• Pi model of a branch.
• Power Flow: AC and DC modeling.
• Sensitivity analysis, calculation of PTDF.
• Optimal Power Flow.
• Major incidents in France and worldwide, typology of network collapses.
• Network protection: N-k preventive and curative actions, defense plan.
Practical work: Power Flow and security analysis in Python with PowSyBl
Inter-company: €1,800 excluding taxes per person
In-house: €9,000 excluding taxes per session
This includes the materials, meals, coffee and handouts. Computers are provided.
Intéressé par cette formation ? Inscrivez-vous !