Check out the new version of Artelys Knitro! A brand-new Julia interface is now available. It relies on both Knitro and MathOptInterface most recent APIs providing an efficient and flexible model definition. This Julia interface also supports the JuMP modeling language enabling optimization problem modeling in no time!
Artelys Knitro 12 also comes with clear improvements on mixed-integer models (MIP/MINLP). Several new cut families including Mixed Integer Rouding, zero-half and clique have been implemented and add up to the already existing knapsack cuts.
Those new cuts have been tested on a subset of instances derived from CMU-IBM and MINLPLib1&2 libraries. As illustrated above, both the computation time and the number of tree search nodes generated have been drastically improved when using Artelys Knitro 12!
• A new Python function, called ‘optimize’, solving all your optimization problems using Knitro in a single call fashion
• Enhancement of the presolver including multipass methods applying successive presolve operations to fully exploit your problem structure
• The Knitro-Tuner has been extended to handle mixed-integer models to automatically identify the best parameters required to solve the most complex instances!
• Support of the MPS file format (Mathematical Programming System) enabling the resolution of a wide range of linear and quadratic problems
• General performance improvement especially for large SOCP instances
Co-optimization study of baltic TSOs cross zonal capacity value between energy and balancing capacity markets
— Artelys supports baltic Transmission System Operators (TSOs) AST, Elering, and Litgrid in the evaluation of the optimal use of cross-border interconnection capacities for energy and balancing capacity exchanges.
— Artelys provides the market clearing engine for the new renewable Guarantees of Origin auction.
— The Electricity Balancing Guideline, which entered into force in 2017, defines a framework for a balancing market that enables TSOs to net their balancing demands and to procure balancing energy from providers located in their own area as well as in other zones to balance the electricity grid. This measure enables the overall system to benefit from an increased level of security of supply and overall lower balancing costs.
— Artelys has delivered Toyota with a computation algorithm to optimally plan post-production assembly operations.
subscribe to our newsletters