Chicago, IL (US)
• Business development for Artelys’ optimization tools: contact with clients; technical support and consulting services.
• Business development for Artelys’ optimization solutions in targeted sectors: contact with clients; technical support and consulting services.
• Interact in the support of KNITRO processes (improvement of the licenses server, programming interfaces, documentations, installers, etc.).
• Help in the research, design and development of tactical applications to support field operations.
• Might conduct ad-hoc modeling requests — quantify operational impact of new business rules, operational policies, new initiatives/ products to support decision-making process.
Degree in Operations Research (OR), Optimization, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, or Computer Science.
• Experience with general programming languages C, C++, Java, Python
• Ability to complete problem analysis, develop optimization requirements, design solutions, write code, perform testing, provide documentation, and implement projects within a team player environment.• Development of Modeling and Analytics Best Practices.
• Proficient at manipulating large amounts of data.
• Excellent partnering and communication skills. Must work comfortably and effectively with business Customers and Technology development Teams, and support groups.
• Ability to lead large scale projects and keep daily tasks on schedule.
• Software development experience
• Exposure to scripting languages, relational databases and Linux
• Familiarity with transportation/logistics or energy concepts: forecasting, planning, optimization.
• Experience with modeling tools: Matlab, AMPL, etc.
Applicants with expertise in large-scale mixed-integer programming, global optimization and non-linear programming, statistics, data mining and forecasting, or stochastic optimization and simulation are especially encouraged.
You like to solve complex problems and are eagerly customer-oriented, contact us!