why join artelys?
Joining Artelys is first and foremost joining a dynamic and motivated team, a stimulating work environment and taking part in varied and fascinating projects.
Artelys works with major public authorities (ministries, metropolis, etc.) and private actors (major energy suppliers, Industry associations, etc.) on energy strategy challenges, all over Europe, America and Africa.
Artelys is in charge of METIS, a project for the European Commission. The objective of this project is to adivse the Commission on the potential effects of different energy policies (market design, development of network structure, storage and smart grid technologies, development of flexible energy usages, measures encouraging cooperation between Member States, etc) on energy prices, integration of renewable sources and security of electricity, gas and heat supply. A dedicated software was developped based on the Artelys Crystal Super Grid software (more infos).
Artelys has performed a study for the European Climate Foundation (ECF) to identify infrastructure-related stakes in the European gas system in 2030. The work aimed at allowing ECF to participate in the discussions about the process of selection of projects for the third list of Projects of Common Interest (PCI). Artelys Crystal Super Grid was used to assess issues on gas security of supply in scenarios with current infrastructure in 2030, for priority corridors in the Baltic area and Eastern Europe. Then, the Artelys Crystal Super Grid capacity expansion module was used to assess what additional infrastructure would be required to tackle the identified problems and to compare these results with the infrastructure projects (financed projects and PCI). The conclusions of this study were presented to the European Commission and Member States (more infos).
Artelys also leads a study on the effects of different RES support schemes on their market penetration, for the Swiss Federal Office of Energy. Artelys modelled the Swiss electrical system for different scenarios in 2030 and 2050, using several climatic scenarios, in order to generate price curves for the day-ahead markets. We then assessed the risks and revenues of solar PV and wind producers, considering different support schemes. Artelys then modeled the actors’ dynamics by investigating the decision-making process from an individual investor point of view, in order to quantify the cost of reaching the Swiss environmental targets while taking the investors’ risk aversion into account (more infos).
As head of a high-level team of consultants, you will combine your analytical skills, a deep interest in energy and sustainable development as well as your eagerness to respond to our clients’ needs and support their decisions to:
- Manage projects and assist decision-makers defining their energy policies;
- Analyze the impact and quantitative aspects of energy strategies. Lead experts workshops.
- Take an active part in the conception and development of our offers in energy strategy: seek out prospects, identify their needs, define our added-value, respond to calls for tenders.
- Manage high-level teams of engineers;
- Explore and develop innovative methods for prospective analysis.
We are an open-minded and young team, with a leaning towards applied sciences, in particular mathematics. Our innovative solutions are an ever-growing success both in France and internationally, and open the doors for more exciting topics.
You are the one we are looking for if.
- You have a master’s degree in engineering;
- You have at least 5 years of experience in the energy sector, in an international context;
- You have excellent knowledge of the energy transition context and challenges, at an international level;
- You feel comfortable with client relationship management and are motivated by business development
- You have a strong interest in scientific and quantitative approaches; you feel comfortable working with Excel and fundamental mathematical techniques. An experience with quantitative analysis tools will be a plus;
- You think energy and sustainable development show great potential, with plenty of challenges to come.
- You think a smart and thorough analysis is essential for decision-making ;
- You are motivated by innovation, have an enterpreneurial spirit and are concerned about the customer’s needs.
Fluency in English is required.
As a fast-growing company, Artelys is looking for proactive and creative employees, conscious about the added value of their work to the company and excited to contribute to our growth.
Permanent position in our Paris or Brussels office.
This is your dream job? Apply now!