why join artelys?
Join Artelys is above all joining a dynamic and motivated team, a stimulating work environment and participate in varied and exciting projects.
Artelys works with major public authorities (ministries, metropolis, etc.) and private actors (major energy suppliers, Industry associations, etc.) on energy strategy challenges, all over Europe, America and Africa.
Artelys is in charge of METIS, a project for the European Commission. The objective of this project is to adivse the Commission on the potential effects of different energy policies (market design, development of network structure, storage and smart grid technologies, development of flexible energy usages, measures encouraging cooperation between Member States, etc) on energy prices, integration of renewable sources and security of electricity, gas and heat supply. A dedicated software was developped based on the Artelys Crystal SuperGrid software (more infos).
Artelys assists the Metropolis of Lyon in the development of its Energy Master Plan: How will the different distribution networks integrate tomorrow’s landscape? Which benefits will smart systems bring to my local community? Which renewable sources show the most potential in my territory? How to manage demand balance and the development of new production technologies? How to make urban transport system greener? In order to answer these questions, Artelys has built four different scenarios describing the evolution of the local energy system and helped Lyon discuss the hypothesis with local stakeholders. Artelys has designed a plan implementation monitoring procedure and delivered Artelys Crystal City, the decision support software that will allow the City to continue with its energy strategy planning (more infos).
Artelys has worked with Compagnie Ivoirienne d’électricité (CIE) on the setup of a tool for the simulation and the optimisation of the Ivory Coast power system operation. Artelys Crystal has been parametered for the specific needs of CIE, in order to support the construction of the yearly economic dispatch and carry out sensitivity analysis. The model computes the economic dispatch of the power system at least cost, taking into account technical and contractual constraints.
As head of a high-level team of consultants, you will combine your analytical skills, a deep interest in energy and sustainable development as well as your eagerness to respond to our clients’ needs and support their decisions to:
- Manage projects and assist decision-makers to shape their energy policies;
- Analyze the impact and quantitative aspects of energy strategies. Lead experts workshops.
- Manage high-level teams of engineers;
- Explore and develop innovative methods for prospective analysis.
We are an open-minded and young team, with a leaning towards applied sciences, in particular mathematics. Our innovative solutions are an ever-growing success both in France and internationally, and open the doors for more exciting topics.
You are the one we are looking for if:
- You have a master’s degree in engineering;
- You have at least 2 years of experience in the energy sector and/or working with public infrastructures and/or managing analytical consulting projects;
- You look forward to the responsibility of managing a team, a budget and deadlines;
- You have a strong interest in scientific and quantitative approaches; you feel comfortable working with Excel and known fundamental mathematical techniques. An experience with quantitative analysis tools will be a plus;
- You think sustainable developpment and energy look promising, with plenty of challenges to come.
- You think a smart and thorough analysis is essential for decision-making ;
- You are motivated by innovation, have an enterpreneurial spirit and are concerned about the customer’s needs.
Fluency in French is preferred.
As a fast-growing company, Artelys is looking for proactive and creative employees, conscious about the added value of their work to the company and excited to contribute to our growth.
Permanent position in our Paris or Brussels office.
This is your dream job? Apply now!