why join artelys?
Join Artelys is above all joining a dynamic and motivated team, a stimulating work environment and participate in varied and exciting projects.
Artelys works with major public authorities (European Commission, energy ministries, cities, etc.) and private actors (major energy suppliers, Industry associations, etc.) on energy strategy challenges, all over Europe, America and Africa.
Artelys is in charge of METIS, a project for the European Commission. The objective of this project is to advise the Commission on the potential effects of different energy policies (market design, development of network structure, storage and smart grid technologies, development of flexible energy usages, measures encouraging cooperation between Member States, etc) on energy prices, integration of renewable sources and security of electricity, gas and heat supply (more infos).
Artelys also participates in the development of NEXT, a major R&D project from ADEME, the French Environment and Energy Management Agency. The goal of this project is to design and develop an innovative reference software for simulation and planning of smart-grids, an essential contribution for energy and ecological transition. The software is based on a client-server achictecture and combines massive volumes of data treatment, heterogenous data sources (SGDB, NoSQL, Web service), advanced data vizualization components (geographic data, time series, KPIs, etc.) with advanced resolution methods mixing machine learning, optimisation and high-performance computing (more infos). Partners : Gaz Electricité Grenoble, INRIA, L2EP
As part of a high-level team of consultants, you will combine your analytical skills, a deep interest in energy and sustainable development as well as your eagerness to respond to our clients’ needs and support their decision to:
- Develop quantitative analysis using our softwares or ad-hoc solutions;
- Explore, develop and implement new analytical methods, working closely with our data scientists and developers;
- Model the energy systems we study;
- Model electrical network constraints;
- Present and improve the results, by interacting with our clients, advise them with decision support;
We are an open-minded and young team, with a leaning towards applied sciences, in particular mathematics. Our innovative solutions are an ever-growing success both in France and internationally, and open the doors for more exciting topics.
You are the one we are looking for if:
- You have a master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mathematical Modelling or a related field;
- You have experience in electrical power grids modelling (AC OPF, relaxation techniques, etc.) and a good understanding of network management techniques. An experience within a distribution/transmission network operator would be an asset;
- You have a strong interest in scientific and quantitative approaches; you are familiar with Excel and fundamental mathematical and statistics techniques;
- For you, sustainable developpment and energy look promising and with plenty of challenges to come;
- You think a smart and thorough analysis is essential for decision-making ;
- You are motivated by innovation, have an enterpreneurial spirit and are concerned about the customer’s needs.
Fluency in English is required.
As a fast-growing company, Artelys is looking fooactive and creative employees, conscious about the added value of their work to the company and excited to contribute to our growth.
Permanent position in our Paris or Brussels office.
This is your dream job? Apply now!