why join artelys?
Joining Artelys is first and foremost joining a dynamic and motivated team, a stimulating work environment and taking part in varied and fascinating projects, of which here is a brief overview:
Major project led by RTE (the French TSO) , the TERRE project (Trans-European Replacement Reserves Exchange) aims at developing an IT platform for the market clearing of services exchanged between the European producers and transmission systems operators. Artelys, together with its partners, is responsible for providing the platform’s market clearing engine. The algorithm will go through the resolution of a complex and large optimization problem, which will take into account the offers of the various suppliers, balancing requests and strict equity constraints between the actors. Receiving and matching quotes every hour of the day, the robustness and performance of the optimization engine are very strongly constrained: results are to be provided within 3 minutes for a problem containing up to 500,000 offers ( + info ).
Brookfield Renewable, a North-American power utility has selected Artelys to support their decision making processes related to the short-term scheduling and dispatch of several of their hydro assets. Hydropower least-cost scheduling is a complex optimisation problem due to nonlinearities in the underlying physics and complex market considerations. Artelys has provided an optimization model integrated within the software solution Artelys Crystal Energy Planner
As part of a dynamic team with a strong technical component, you will apply your optimization skills within several of our activities. In particular, your tasks could include to:
- Specify processes and approaches based on optimization to address business and industry challenges.
- Develop mathematical models.
- Define and implement resolution methods (heuristics and / or based on solvers).
- Integrate calculation algorithms into IT solutions.
- Develop scripts and data manipulation features.
- Industrialize and maintain operational solutions for decision support.
Engineering degree, master’s degree, MSc., MScA., and / or a PhD with a specialization in optimization, as well as programming skills.
You might be the one we are looking for if:
- You are comfortable with the concepts and technologies used to model an optimization problem.
- You have a good knowledge of optimization algorithms.
- You are comfortable using and configuring optimization solvers.
- You have a particular taste for and aptitude in the computer implementation of algorithms and master languages among Java, C ++ and Python.
Skills in the following areas will also be highly appreciated:
- Web programming (front and / or back-end).
- Nonlinear optimization, constraint programming.
Fluency in English is required for North-American applicants.
Experiencing a strong growth, Artelys is looking for proactive and creative employees, concerned about the added value of their work and motivated to take part in the development of their activities.
Permanent position in our Montreal office.
This is your dream job? Apply now!