Why join Artelys?
Artelys is specialized in optimization, decision-making and modeling. Relying on their high level of expertise in quantitative methods, Artelys’ consultants deliver efficient solutions to complex business problems. They provide services to numerous industries: Energy & Environment, Logistics & Transportation, Telecommunications, Finance, Defense, etc.
Joining Artelys is first and foremost joining a dynamic and motivated team, a stimulating work environment and taking part in varied and fascinating projects.
Artelys develops the Artelys Crystal software suite whose ambition is to position itself as the world leader in energy system modeling and optimization solutions. In this context, the ability to forecast energy consumption is a crucial issue for Artelys.
Modelling and forecasting energy consumption is one of the major challenges of the Energy Transition. Demand is uncertain at each horizon. A wrong anticipation of variations in demand can have significant consequences in terms of both finance and security.
Artelys develops its own software and tools, such as Artelys Crystal Forecast, leveraging innovative and efficient methods for short, medium and long-term forecasting.
The intern will participate in R&D work in the field of forecasting. In particular, he/she will be required to carry out:
- Methodological reviews of new statistical methods relevant to the topic
- Implementation of new models in the software
- Numerical experimentations upon real or simulated datasets
- Identification of the use-cases and linked modeling (developing countries, data polluted by Demand Response elements)
In addition, the intern will participate in data analysis or statistical modeling missions for our clients:
- Exploration, comparison and processing of customer data or data from Open Data
- Carrying out statistical studies, developing statistical models and designing calculation algorithms
- Development of specific codes (R, Python) or configuration of existing software tools for the needs of a client
what we are looking for
You have a master’s degree with a specialization in data-science and statistics, and you have dual skills in mathematics and computer science, particularly scientific (R, Python).
You know how and like to dig into large volumes of data and disparate sources to identify the factors influencing the magnitude to be predicted. You are familiar with time series theory and regression models in a broad sense.
Knowledge of the main Big Data tools (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MapReduce, Bigtable, NoSQL) is a plus, as is a first experience in the energy sector.
Computer skills: Mastery of R and/or Python essential
The duration of the internship is 6 months. The internship will take place in our Paris office. The internship may lead to a long-term job offer.
This is your dream job? Apply now!