Joining Artelys is first and foremost joining a dynamic and motivated team, a stimulating work environment and taking part in varied and fascinating projects.
Artelys develops the Artelys Crystal software suite whose ambition is to position itself as the world leader in energy system modeling and optimization solutions. Crystal Suite software enable Artelys’ clients to optimize large electrical systems (Crystal Super Grid), optimize energy production and sales strategies (Crystal Energy Planner), analyze the impact of local energy policies (Crystal City), plan maintenance operations (Crystal Resource Optimizer) and build complex predictive models (Crystal Forecast).
Within a team with strong technical skills, you will develop your IT skills and participate in the evolution of the Artelys Crystal software platform by dealing with a new industrial issue proposed by our customers.
Based on your preferences, the scope of your mission will be adjusted and may cover the specifications and development of the different software layers: front end and web components, data flow management and web services, persistence, algorithmic core and computational functions. You will be responsible – with the support of your supervisor and the project team surrounding you – for ensuring the suitability, performance, ergonomics and durability of the developed features. Your work will contribute to propose advanced features of optimized, computer-assisted and partly automated planning.
During the technical design phases, you will ensure the production of features and services that meet the client’s needs while anticipating their possible integration within the Artelys Crystal Web platform as new standard features.
Some examples of components that can be developed:
- Visualization of time series, Gantt charts, Flow diagrams
- Rights management and security systems
Some examples of the planning needs handled by Artelys:
- Identifying the future load of an airport, simulating the occupation of its space and resources to optimize the investments to be made.
- Forecasting the workload of a maintenance and intervention team, planning them to guarantee the best use of each person’s skills at all times and minimizing the use of temporary workers.
- Building schedules for flight crews that favor the quality of service produced while minimizing and balancing the inconvenience felt by the staff (waiting time or time spent away from home).
On the verge of completing an MSC and/or PHD degree in the field of computer science and software engineering, you have a solid knowledge of one or many of the following technologies :
- Object-oriented programming languages (Java, C++ or C#)
- Relational databases and SQL language
- Software engineering and architectures
You are curious and enthusiastic, you like to innovate, you wish to evolve in a stimulating environment and to develop a sharp expertise in the field of web and/or JEE programming while discovering different IT activities.
Good communication skills in French will be greatly appreciated.
The duration of the internship is 3 to 6 months. It will take place in our offices in France, in Nantes or Paris.
The internship may lead to a job offer.
This is your dream job? Apply now!