As part of a team of high-level consultants, you will participate in studies to analyze the energy systems of public decision-makers and help them take the right decisions.
Why join Artelys?
Artelys is an international company specializing in optimization and decision support. Its subsidiary, Artelys Canada, based in Montreal since 2013, carries out projects and prospective studies mainly for energy players.
Joining Artelys Canada means joining a dynamic, motivated team, working in a stimulating environment, and taking part in various exciting projects.
For example, the company is working with energy producers such as Brookfield Renewable on optimizing the planning of its hydroelectric assets. Numerous studies were carried out in North America on the new challenges posed by the energy transition and the move towards low-carbon systems. Finally, Artelys Canada regularly carries out R&D projects to develop its tools. The team is currently working on modeling electricity networks and markets in Canada and the north-eastern United States, in particular, to measure the impact of different hydrogen development scenarios.
Created in 2000 in Paris, Artelys has established itself as a world leader in mathematical optimization and data science. With a presence in five countries, Artelys supports energy key players such as EDF, Hydro-Quebec, International Energy Agency, European Commission etc.
Joining Artelys is first and foremost joining a stimulating environment, made up of passionate experts, and take part in projects addressing complex issues.
As part of a high-level consultant team, you will use your analytical skills, your interest in energy and sustainable development, and your desire to support our customers’ decision -making processes to:
- Carry out quantitative analyses using our software or ad hoc solutions.
- Explore, design, and implement new analysis methods.
- Model energy systems.
- Display and refine results in interaction with our customers, helping their decision-making.
- Take part in our long-term development: explore our clients’ needs, open business opportunities, keep our software at the cutting edge, etc.
MINDSET WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You are the ideal candidate if you have skills in:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (you will be required to interact with customers)
- Curious and open-minded, you enjoy exploring new subjects.
- For you, decision-making goes hand in hand with rigorous, intelligent analysis.
- Fluency in English is required.
- PhD in power-flow analysis OR energy modeling
- Programming experience is a plus (Python).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are a young and dynamic team, leaning towards applied sciences, especially mathematics. You might be the ideal candidate if:
- You have a master’s degree in applied sciences, power grids or another relevant field.
- You have a good theoretical and practical knowledge of power grids and energy economics
- You have experience in energy systems simulation.
- You are interested in scientific and quantitative approaches; you are comfortable with Excel and fundamental mathematical techniques.
Other valued skills:
- Knowledge of scripting tools and languages (Shell, Maven)
- Knowledge of DevOps (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Jenkins, GitlabCI, OpenStack) and/or software engineering (version management, automated testing, integration testing and continuous integration)
- Knowledge and/or interest in modeling complex energy systems
- Permanent position in our Paris, Nantes, Lyon, Montréal or Madrid office.
- Up to two days of remote working per week
This is your dream job? Apply now!